Jain Glory of Maharashtra
There are many ancient caves, historical places and pilgrimage centers related to Jains and Jainism in every part of Maharashtra, but most of them are almost unknown to people except the locals. Such places have not got wider publicity like the places in Karnataka, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and other states.
A collective and detailed information of all such important places is not available anywhere. Whatever is available is half baked, written with sectarian and devotee’s views, and without giving historical facts and archaeological information.
That is why Jain Friends is going to publish an important tourist guide ‘Jain Glory of Maharashtra’ giving detailed information of Jain places all over Maharashtra.
The book will contain historical and archaeological importance of each place, myths about the place, How to reach the place, Time table of trains and Buses, contact details of Dharmashalas, guest houses and private hotels, list of other nearby places, Route Map etc.
Salient Feature of the ‘Jain Glory of Maharashtra’
● Articles and information is written by renowned Archaeologists, Historians and Tourist-writers.
● Covers New Pilgrimage Centers also.
● Includes lot of photographs
● Includes Railway and Road Maps.
● Tips on going on a tour, photography, precautions, writing about your tour etc.
● Covers Pilgrimage Centers related to all Jain sects.
Covered Places in Jain Glory of Maharashtra
● District of Ahmed Nagar: Anand Dham at Ahmed Nagar, Jain temple at Shirdi
● District of Pune: The Jain cave and inscription at Paley, Jain caves of Junnar, Parshwa Pragyalay of Talegaon, Agam Teerth of Katraj, Shatrunjay Teerth of Katraj, Naval Veerayatan of Rajguru Nagar, Medieval Jain temples of Pabal and Mahalunge, Kshetrapal Pratishthan of Loni Kand, Important Jain temples of Pune.
● District of Satara: Ancient cave at Nandgiri, Historical temples of Phaltan, New temple of Ataki village.
● District of Sangli: Ancient cave and temples on Kundal hill, Medieval Jain idol at Salgar village, Ancient Jain idols at Ankalkhop.
● District of Kolhapur: Medieval Jain temple at Khidrapur, Historical Jain temple at Akiwat, Silahar temples at Kolhapur, Laxmisen Jain Math at Kolhapur, Jinsen Jain Math at Nandni, Vrushabhanchal Nandani, Bahubali hill, Vidysagar Janmabhumi at Majarewadi, Vidysagar Samadhi at Akiwat, Jain temple in jungle at Ibrahimpur.
● District of Solapur: Historical Jain temple at Dahigaon Kshetra, Jain temples of Solapur.
● District of Osmanabad: Ancient caves of Dharashiv, Jain temple of Savargaon Kshetra, Kunthagiri Kshetra, Ashta Kasar Kshetra.
● Other Districts of Marathwada: Jain caves of Ellora, Jain cave of Ambejogai, Jain cave of Kharoshi, Historical Jain temples of Jatwada, Jintur, Beed, Kachner, Navagadh, Shirad Shahapur.
● District of Nashik: Jain Cave of Gajpanth, Jain Cave of Anjneri, Jain cave of Chandwad, Jain Cave of Mangi Tungi, Padampur Teerth of Nashik, Jain Temples and Ashrams at Devlali, Ner Kshetra.
● Other District of North Maharashtra: Jain Caves of Ankai-Tankai, Jain Caves of Bhamer, Jain Caves of Patan (Chalisgao), Balsana Teerth, Chatany Van, Dhule.
● Vidarbh Region: Historical Jain temples at Karanja, Antriksh Parshwanath Shirpur, Historical Jain temple at Bhadravati, Jain temples at Ramtek, Kshetra Digras.
● Konkan Region: Historical Jain temples of Khare Patan, Sadvali, Devrukh, Bordave, Chiplun, Agashi Teerth.
● Mumbai Region: Podanpur Kshetra and Heritage Jain temples in Mumbai.
Chief Editor of the guide: Dr. Raosaheb Patil
Executive Editor: Dhiraj Jain
Research: Dilip Khobare
Production: Mahavir Sanglikar
Publicity: Sandeep Surpuriya
Jain Friends, Post Box 58
Jagannath Complex, 199 Mumbai-Pune Road
Chinchwad East, Pune 411019
Cell: 91 989 020 3549
Jain Glory of Maharashtra There are many ancient caves, historical places and pilgrimage centers related to Jains and Jainism in every part...
Nandgiri, also known as Kalyangad, is a fort situated in Satara District of Maharashtra. This fort was built by the Shilahar King Bhoj II in...
by Anup Verma Eulogized in history books as the seat of many famous Indian dynasties, the Indian state of Bihar has also been the cradle of...
The Dilwara temples near Mount Abu, comprising five shrines adorned with marble carvings, stand as a proof to human ingenuity and creativity...
By Team Mangalorean Photographs: RK Bhat Dharmastala: Among the thousands of devotees gathered at the Mahamastakabhisheka of Lo...
Samdoli is a village near the city of Sangli in Maharashtra. The above temple is a Jain Temple built in 17th century by Kasturi Khangouda D...
By: Pramod Chavan Powai - 17 February 08 : When we hear the name Powai our mind immediately conjures up images of a the famous IIT, tall an...
Of all the holy places in & around Nashik , which has long been attained the coveted status of the religious capital of Maharashtra , Ma...
Bhojpur District Bisram It is said that Lord Mahavira, the 24th Jain Tirthankara, took rest for some time at this place during his wander...
The magnificent compound Spread over an area of more than 40,000 square yards, Mangalayatan is one of the largest Jain pilgrimage centres in...